Online Instructor Roles – Pedagogical Role
The pedagogical role includes a wide range of tasks (e.g., instructional, intellectual, and content-based) that contribute to the students’ understanding and application of course content as well as the development of their critical thinking skills.
- Selecting, refining, and regularly updating course materials
- Writing clear learning objectives and aligning the course materials, activities, and assessments with those objectives
- Designing online discussions and activities
- Stimulating critical thinking and reflection by using questions and probes
- Assessing student work and providing timely feedback
- Referring students to online support services for tutoring, advising, library resources, and other help