Supporting eLearners – What Learner Supports to Provide
In an online course, learner supports have three main goals:
- Acquaint students with the online learning experience.
- Address obstacles that interfere with learner success.
- Provide contact information or links to people or services that can help the learner.
Here are a few specific examples of learner supports:
- Read about the Factors Influencing a Learner’s Decision to Drop-Out or Persist in Higher Education Distance Learning.
- Consider the instructions and guidance in this Welcome Letter Template.
- Download a syllabus checklist and template using Quality Matters standards.
Note: These resources link to UW-Madison Google App documents and will require a UW-Madison NetID login. Please read our instructions for logging into UW-Madison Google Apps.