Online Instructor Roles – Managerial Role
The managerial role refers to the organizational, procedural, and administrative tasks associated with maintaining the online learning environment.
- Setting agendas and timetables
- Monitoring overall timing and pacing
- Providing clear instructions for all course activities and assignments as well as guidelines or netiquette expectations for online discussions
- Building and managing online groups
- Facilitating and managing online discussions
- Coordinating assignments and grades